As described in the overview, the core elements and stages of the BI Office modeling solution are as follows:
- Data sources - source inputs into the data model
- Data sets - Tables or custom queries of data from the source inputs
- Columns or attributes - individual lists of items in each table that need to be included in the mode or used to generate values/metrics
- Relationships - connections between the data sets that facilitate the data “mash-up”
- Hierarchies - logical 'drill down' trees for more intuitive user data discovery and interaction
- Roles and permissions - security access to the model and its usage and administration
- Finalization - the last phase to choose the model name and host server destination.