To build composite story boards of Power BI content, use the story board Power BI embedding feature, described below.
For more see the video tutorial.
- If you have the "Publish to Pyramid Analytics" feature in your Power BI Desktop, you can publish Power BI content to BI Office.
- If you do not have the "Publish to Pyramid Analytics" feature in your Power BI Desktop, you can import Power BI files (*.PBIX) using the content management system.
- Now start a new Story Board in BI Office from the Start page, or open an existing Story Board (green arrows below).
- From the content tree in Story Board, drag and drop Power BI content onto the slide in the dashboard page.
- Power BI content will usually be under the folder "PBI" or "Power BI".
- Clicking on the Power BI book, will expose the contents of the book in the bottom panel (orange arrow)
- Drag entire pages (blue arrow) or page components (green arrow) on to the slide canvas (purple arrow)
- In the next phase, we will add story/dash board slicers. For details on creating (global) slicers, click here.
- Use slice interactions to slice Power BI content using an existing slicer in BI Office. For more details on using interactions, click here.
- Continue to add more content as needed. This can include native BI Office analytic content and other BI Office assets like web pages, SSRS reports, text, graphics and buttons..
- Launch the Story Board to view the slide and embedded Power BI content. Change the slicer to interact with the data in Power BI and elsewhere.
WARNING: Power BI is not memory efficient. Do not put too many Power BI objects in a slide to avoid client memory problems. See tips below for managing memory.