The Optimize Columns and Optimize Rows switches may be applied individually or in unison. The optimization performed by these two switches is based on the NONEMPTY function. Before using these two switches, be sure that the Measure Optimization switch is already turned ON.
These two optimization switches can be turned ON when needed for improving query results.
There are several ways to turn ON these two optimization switches.
- Open Query Options in Query Ribbon and select Optimize Columns command.
- Open Query Options in Query Ribbon and select Optimize Rows command.
- Click Optimize Columns icon in Query Ribbon.
- Click Optimize Rows icon in Query Ribbon.
- Click Query Options in Query Ribbon to turn ON all optimization commands.